Head of Sport and Activities
We seek an engaging and influential Head of Sport and Activities in a Senior Leadership role, responsible for providing a dynamic, engaging and meaningful sports and activities programme from Prep to Year Twelve that aligns with the College’s learning framework.
The ideal candidate is an educator with the desire and drive to maximise the College’s outstanding facilities and sporting culture to provide a rich and vibrant intra-school, inter-school and co-curricular sport programme.
Experience and Skills Profile:
The Head of Sport and Activities will build on recent successes by applying a strategic mindset, utilising superb organisational abilities and demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills. The role supports the College Community (Principal, staff, students and parents) and the aspirations and experience of each student’s learning journey.
- Track record as an educational leader, with experience in administrative leadership of sport and co-curricular activity.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in dealing with a large number of diverse stakeholders across both sporting and cultural activities, within human and material resource constraints.
- Track record of developing and implementing a co-ordinated vision for sport and activities in an independent education setting, that delivers upon the College’s overall strategic priorities and complements the College’s educational offering.
- Demonstrated excellence in collaboratively working to deadlines and schedules.
- Deep knowledge of and insight into the benefits of sport and activities to the academic welfare / well-being of students.
- Highly developed planning, project management and communication skills.
Applicants must have an understanding of the ethos and expectations that accompany one of Australia’s leading independent schools. Applicants must be prepared to model and maintain the Christian ecumenical ethos, values and beliefs.
Applications, including a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, the John Paul College Academic Staff Application Form and the contact details of three referees should be sent via email to the attention of Karen Spiller, Principal, at email@example.com
This position will commence in January 2019.To view this advertisement on SEEK, please click here.
To view the Position Description please click here.
This position will commence in January 2019. Enquiries about the roles can be directed to the Director of Human Resources via telephone 07 3826 3333.
Applications close at 4pm on Monday 22 October, 2018