Nominate an Outstanding JPC Alumnus
Our Alumni are one of our greatest sources of pride. Every day we hear stories of our past students whose achievements bring inspiration and motivation to the John Paul College (JPC) community. They are outstanding role models and mentors to our current students. We’re proud to celebrate their success across diverse disciplines and professions: in business and government; through scientific and medical research; in athletics, humanities and the arts; and contribution to the global and local communities.
Every year, we acknowledge our outstanding Alumni through induction into our Walk of Fame as a means of sharing their inspirational stories. From 2019 and beyond, we will be acknowledging these amazing achievements at our Foundation Day Assembly to be held in Term One, 2020.
When nominating an outstanding JPC graduate into the Walk of Fame, our selection panel consider the following criteria:
- Demonstrates sustained and significant contributions in one or more of the following areas: professional, community, cultural, sporting or leadership achievement.
- Has achieved sustained and exceptional success over their career
- Has achieved success at the highest level possible in Australia or internationally
- Brings distinction to their profession or their accomplishments to raise their profile and standing within their community
- Work, whether professional or volunteer, demonstrates a significant positive impact that has made a significant difference to a community – locally, nationally or internationally
- How they are inspiring others?
To nominate an outstanding graduate, please complete the Nomination Form below and submit by 5pm Friday 11 October 2019.
JPC Alumni Walk of Fame Process – How A Community Member Can Nominate
Any community member or fellow alumnus can complete the 2019 Nomination Form. If you are nominating more than one Alumnus, please complete a separate nomination package. If will need to include:
- Provide a current professional résumé/biography if possible
- Provide a written statement (maximum 500 words) detailing why the nominee deserves to be recognised and how they meet the criteria for the award
- Nominations may also include supporting evidence: awards, media clippings, electronic media footage, etc. (maximum of three attachments)
- Completed nominations must be received by 5 pm (AEST) Friday 11 October 2019
- Any incomplete nominations or nominations submitted after the deadline will not be considered
Conditions of Entry
- Nominees must have undertaken their senior schooling at John Paul College to Year Ten, Eleven or Twelve.
- Awards will not be awarded posthumously.
- Joint nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations will be accepted from community members of John Paul College
- Alumni may nominate themselves.
- Current members of the Board of Directors are not eligible to be nominated.
- The selection panel’s decision is final on all matters relating to the nomination process and the selection of winners, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The selection panel reserves the right to select nominations to remain valid for up to two years. Nominators will be responsible for updating additional information.
- The selection panel reserves the right not to induct Alumni into the Walk of Fame, if in their opinion, there are no nominations of sufficient merit. The number of inductees will be at the selection panel’s discretion.
- If consensus is not reached, the final decision will be made by the Principal (or her nominee).
- The College reserves the right to disclose the identity of the nominator to the nominee.
- Personal information submitted to the College by the nominator or nominee, in connection with the awards, will be given to the selection panel for the purpose of judging the awards.
- To avoid disappointment and to respect the privacy of those consulted, the nominations are confidential, and we ask that nominators and others involved maintain confidentiality.
- The nominator’s and /or winning nominee’s name, image and statement may be published and/or used in any form of media, in any context pertaining to the Walk of Fame..
- Winners and their nominators, and all other nominators will be personally contacted.
- Successful inductees will be acknowledged and presented at the John Paul College Foundation Day Assembly in January 2020.
- Chair of the Board
- Deputy Principal – Community
- Director of Community Engagement